Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Surpise Serene

Sometimes surprises can be simple and serene, yet so effective that it may surprise you that they can be so surprising! Surprised over such writing ? Well this is what happens to you when you aren’t exactly Sulman Rushdie but you are thrust into a place which gives birth to anyone’s inner Tagore or Naidu.
It happened one fine day, when life continued to seem to suck- Employing my limited intellectual prowess to mighty levels to show impact of lowly levels, working with a huge team of 1 and trying to enjoy my new found free bird status, and wondering how a good nights sleep is! I finally decided I needed some change and voila, a brilliant idea struck- rather than going to the same old hotel, lets try out a different one (now you can understand my intellectual prowess). And off I shot a request. But for some reason, my firm realized after one and a half months, that they actually had a guest house in the hills which they had so easily forgotten and could save money by sending this poor employee over there. And then came the evening while I shrugged, that my one effort for change is down the drain. Maybe life itself just wants to suck! And then came the surprise- an absolute gorgeous apartment with a terrace garden! Here I am swinging in the chair, on plush green grass, with only the sound of men and women stringing their hearts out at rocks built strong over centuries of metamorphosis while sweat would be dripping out of each pore, apart from the sweet chirps of the colourful birds hiding somewhere careful not to come oin front of me. While fresh winds blow and the red faced homes on the gorgeous hillocks stare at me, life just seems to be on a different high altogether, literally! What follows next is a sumptuous dinner tonight in the bright lights of the hills with my friends and a wish to be back here every week.
These hills need me and I need them.

No comments: